P0324 - Knock Control System Error
- Faulty knock sensor
- Knock sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Knock sensor harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
The P0324 code means that the Knock Sensor is not working properly. Problems with the knock sensor
will not cause an engine performance problems. Replacing the knock sensor
usually takes care of the problem.
When is the code detected?
When an excessively low or high voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible Lack/Loss of Power
The knock sensor is attached to the cylinder block. It senses engine knocking using a piezoelectric element. A knocking vibration from the cylinder block is sensed as vibrational pressure. This pressure is converted into a voltage signal and sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM).
P0324 Information for specific makes